This dish was so delicious and very simple to make! The dip tastes like a mixture between a thick cream cheese frosting and a caramel sauce. Everyone enjoyed it!
Caramel Apple Dip
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Fresh apple slices
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients just until blended. Spoon mixture into a 10-oz. ramekin; level and smooth surface with a spatula. Cover and chill 2 to 8 hours.
- 2. Preheat broiler with oven rack 5 inches from heat. Sprinkle granulated sugar over mixture in ramekin. Fill an 8-inch cake pan with ice; place ramekin in pan.
- 3. Broil 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized. Let stand 5 minutes. Serve with apple slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers