- 2 (28-ounce) jars fried apples
- 15 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix without pudding
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Caramel sundae syrup (optional)
- Additional chopped walnuts
How to Make It
Spoon apples into a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish; sprinkle caramels over apples.
Cut butter into cake mix with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Sprinkle crumb topping over apple mixture.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until crumb topping is golden.
Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel syrup, if desired. Sprinkle each serving with additional walnuts.
Note: For caramels, we used Kraft. For cake mix, we used Duncan Hines.
Note: It's easy to snip caramels with kitchen shears.