Caramel-Apple Coffee Cakes
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- 1 (3-pound) bag small apples (12 to 14 apples)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
- Quick Caramel Frosting
- Peel and finely chop enough apples to equal 3 cups. Set aside.
- Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to sugar mixture, stirring just until blended. (Batter will be stiff.) Fold in finely chopped apples and 1 cup pecans.
- Divide batter evenly between 2 greased and floured 8-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Spoon warm Quick Caramel Frosting evenly over coffee cakes; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 1/2 cups pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads