The cheesecake part was tasty. It took me 1hr 25min to actually get it to wear it barely moves in the center and I still think I should have left it in longer. The topping wasn't really that "caramel-apple" tasting and there wasn't enough caramel sauce. I would recommend just buying some caramel sauce from the store.
This creamy cheesecake combines the pleasant tartness of fall apples with the buttery sweetness of caramel to really showcase fall flavors.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 35.8g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 268mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 cookie sheets)
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 3/4 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 8 ounces)
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. To prepare crust, combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss with a fork until moist. Press mixture lightly into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 6 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack. Wrap outside of pan with a double layer of foil. Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- 3. To prepare cheesecake, place 1 3/4 cups sugar and next 7 ingredients (through fat-free cream cheese) in food processor; process until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time; process until blended. Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a large roasting pan; add hot water to larger pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- 4. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until cheesecake center barely moves when pan is touched. Remove from oven; let stand in water bath 10 minutes. Run a knife around outside edge of cheesecake. Remove pan from water bath; cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- 5. To prepare topping, combine 1/3 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons water, and lemon juice in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Cook 4 minutes or until golden (do not stir). Remove from heat. Add butter to pan; gently stir until butter melts. Stir in half-and-half. Cool slightly.
- 6. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add apple to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in sugar mixture and nutmeg. Serve topping with cheesecake.
Granny Smith apples lend a pleasant tartness, but you can substitute Rome, Braeburn, or your favorite apple variety. Make this cake the night before your gathering.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note