This recipe does not have a chocolate brownie crust. Rather the crust is an apple brownie - sort of like a blonde brownie but with chopped apple. the step for making the brownie is when you combine the brown sugar, melted butter, and remaining egg, then add the flour and next 3 ingredients.
Caramel Apple-Brownie Cheesecake
Combine two of fall's favorite flavors—caramel and apples—in this decadent cheesecake. The crust is an apple brownie, similar to a blonde brownie, but with the addition of chopped apple. Then the creamy cheesecake filling is topped wtih a caramel-apple topping and a rich caramel sauce.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
- Caramel Apple Topping
- Caramel Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Reduce oven temperature to 325°. Sprinkle pecans over bottom of a greased and floured shiny 9-inch springform pan.
- 2. Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended and smooth. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- 3. Whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, and remaining egg in a large bowl until blended.
- 4. Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients; add to brown sugar mixture, and stir until blended. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Carefully spoon cream cheese mixture over batter.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until set. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan. (Do not remove sides of pan.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 2 hours). Transfer to a serving plate.
- 6. Meanwhile, prepare Caramel Apple Topping and Caramel Sauce. Reserve 1 cup Caramel Sauce for another use. Spoon topping over cheesecake; drizzle with 1/2 cup Caramel Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note