Community Recipe from
- 16 Wooden sticks
- 16 Small apples Chilled
- 2 cup(s) Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1. Push wooden sticks into the top of chilled apples. Return apples to the refrigerator until caramel is ready for dipping.
- 2. Place sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan; boil, stirring until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, 9 mins or until light golden.
- 3. Combine half-and-half, vanilla, and salt; slowly stir into pan. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees (45 mins), stirring frequently.
- 4. Pour caramel into bowl sitting in a hot water bath. Swirl apples in caramel, and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by llynn623 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes