Gooey homemade caramel may take a little time, but it's totally worth the effort
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 Wooden sticks
- 16 Small apples Chilled
- 2 cup(s) Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) Light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup(s) Water
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla extract
- 14 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1. Push wooden sticks into the top of chilled apples. Return apples to the refrigerator until caramel is ready for dipping.
- 2. Place sugar, corn syrup, and water in a large saucepan; boil, stirring until dissolved. Boil, without stirring, 9 mins or until light golden.
- 3. Combine half-and-half, vanilla, and salt; slowly stir into pan. Boil until candy thermometer reaches 235 degrees (45 mins), stirring frequently.
- 4. Pour caramel into bowl sitting in a hot water bath. Swirl apples in caramel, and place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by llynn623 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note