I like it! It looks great on the table and tastes just as good. I added a little sugar to the dressing to tone down the balalmic vineger just a tad. I also put some dried parsley into the dressing to dress it up a bit and so it would stick to the scewers like it does in the picture.
Insalata Caprese is a simply prepared Italian salad made from vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and olive oil. We've taken similar ingredients and threaded them onto wooden skewers to create these bursting-with-flavor handheld appetizers.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 58
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.0g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 157mg
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Calcium: 91mg
- 30 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 30 fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 30 (1/2-inch) cubes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Thread tomatoes, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese cubes alternately onto 10 (6-inch) wooden skewers. Place skewers on a serving platter.
- Combine vinegar and oil in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Drizzle vinegar mixture evenly over skewers, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note