this recipe was fast, fresh and so delicious. I had the tomato, basil, and zucchini right in my garden. Made it 2 nights in a row.
Caprese "Salsa" Zucchini with Sea Salt
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
For more tender zucchini, leave slices in the pan an extra 1 minute on each side. When the flesh starts to look translucent, the zucchini is done.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 4 slices)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 106
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 246mg
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup diced tomato
- 2 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1. Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange zucchini in a single layer in pan; grill 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes.
- 2. Combine tomato, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil, and minced garlic in a bowl. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar to tomato mixture; stir gently. Divide zucchini evenly among 4 plates. Top zucchini evenly with tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables