Caprese Pesto Margherita Stackers
Community Recipe from
- 1container (8 oz) fresh mozzarella ciliegine cheese (24 cherry-size balls)
- 1can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated original breadsticks (12 breadsticks)
- 3tablespoons basil pesto
- 1tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 24frilled toothpicks
- 24grape tomatoes
- 24fresh basil leaves
- 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Drain cheese balls; pat dry with paper towels. 2 On work surface, unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Cut each breadstick in half crosswise; press each half into 3x2-inch rectangle. 3 Spread rounded 1/4 teaspoon of the pesto lengthwise down center of each dough rectangle. Place 1 cheese ball on each rectangle. Carefully stretch dough around cheese; pinch edges to seal completely. Place seam sides down in muffin cups. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 4 Bake 14 to 20 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan. With each toothpick, spear tomato and basil leaf; insert into cheese ball. Serve warm.
- For recipe success, use fresh mozzarella cheese balls only.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- High Altitude Directions
- Nutritional Information
- 1 Serving (1 Appetizer)Calories 80(Calories from Fat 40),Total Fat 4 1/2g(Saturated Fat 2g,Trans Fat 0g),Cholesterol 5mg;Sodium 160mg;Total Carbohydrate 7g(Dietary Fiber 0g,Sugars 1g),Protein 4g;Percent Daily Value*:Vitamin A 4.00%;Vitamin C 0.00%;Calcium 8.00%;Iron 2.00%;Exchanges:1/2 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices:1/2;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Caprese Pesto Margherita Stackers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers