The balsamic vinaigrette really overwhelms this dish and doesn't mesh well. Otherwise it's a nice combination.
Caprese Pasta Salad
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 498
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 512mg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 recipe Basic Vinaigrette
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (about 1 lb.)
- 1/3 cup pitted, chopped kalamata olives
- 1 pound short pasta such as cavatappi or penne
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves or baby arugula
- 1 pound mozzarella balls, quartered if large or halved if small
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Mix vinaigrette in a large bowl. Whisk in shallot, garlic, tomatoes and olives. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 10 minutes, or as package label directs. Drain pasta and immediately add to bowl with tomato mixture. Toss gently.
- 3. Add basil, mozzarella and Parmesan to bowl with pasta mixture and lightly toss again. Season salad with salt and pepper and serve right away, or cover and refrigerate to serve cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This