Delicious and easy. If you love these flavors, you will love these sandwiches. Great for making lunch for everyone because they're hot and ready all at once!
When their parents were away for the weekend, 19-year-old Dominique Ng and her sisters Madeline, 16, and Gabby, 12, survived nicely on these easy toasted sandwiches.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 6 slices buttermilk or sourdough sandwich bread
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes (about 8 oz. total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place 3 slices, oil side down, on a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet and layer evenly with basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- 2. Broil sandwiches 6 inches from heat, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes total. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional analysis per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note