Super tasty, super easy. When I'm just making one for myself, using the toaster oven is perfect. I mix it up and sometimes add crushed garlic and/or pesto. If I have it, I add prosciutto, which is super nice in this sandwich. Also brushing a touch of balsamic vinaigrette to the insides of the bread gives it a little zest.
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 314
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 465mg
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- 6 slices buttermilk or sourdough sandwich bread
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves, rinsed
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes (about 8 oz. total), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Brush one side of each bread slice with olive oil. Place 3 slices, oil side down, on a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet and layer evenly with basil leaves, tomato slices, and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and top with remaining bread slices, oil side up.
- 2. Broil sandwiches 6 inches from heat, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes total. Serve immediately.
- Nutritional analysis per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This