- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces uncooked penne
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 1.5 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons panko
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Small basil leaves (optional)
- calories 391
- fat 13.9 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 5.5 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 603 mg
- calcium 436 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Combine tomatoes and 2 teaspoons oil on a jellyroll pan. Broil 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down.
Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Return pasta to pan.
Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Add milk, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheeses. Add cheese mixture to pasta; toss. Stir in tomato mixture and torn basil. Spoon pasta mixture into 4 (6-ounce) gratin dishes coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle panko and red pepper over pasta mixture. Broil 2 minutes or until panko is browned. Garnish with basil leaves, if desired.