WWhat great idea, grilled chix and caprese salad. The balsamic vinegar was perfect!!! I ilI l will be making this recipe often. thank you
Caprese Grilled Chicken
From the Kitchen of Robyn Stone, Carrollton, GA, addapinch.com
"My family's go-to meal--grilled chicken with caprese salad on the side--inspired this easy dish."
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large tomato slices
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 fresh mozzarella cheese slices
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Cook balsamic vinegar in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat, and whisk in butter. Sprinkle desired amounts of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper over tomato slices and chicken breasts. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Brush chicken with 2 Tbsp. balsamic mixture; top each with 2 fresh basil leaves and 2 fresh mozzarella cheese slices. Cover with grill lid, and grill 3 minutes or just until cheese melts. Remove from grill; top each chicken breast with 1 tomato slice; drizzle with remaining balsamic sauce. Top with torn basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note