More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 219
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 161mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules or 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine cornstarch and espresso granules in a large saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk about one-fourth of hot coffee mixture into egg yolks, and add to remaining hot coffee mixture, whisking constantly. Cook over medium-low heat 2 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 160°, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 2. Pour coffee mixture into a bowl; stir in sweetened condensed milk and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Pour mixture into the freezer can of 4-quart ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Gelato (jeh-LAH-toh) is the Italian word for "ice cream."
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts