Has anyone made these with white chocolate? I can't eat real chocolate.
Photo: John O'Hagan; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
People line up when Copy Chief Paula Hunt Hughes brings these brownies to the office.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
More From Southern Living
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
- 1. Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute and then every 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth. Stir in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating with a spoon just until blended after each addition.
- 2. Stir in flour and vanilla; stir in chocolate morsels. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 4. Spread Cappuccino Buttercream Frosting evenly over top of cooled brownies. Garnish, if desired. Cut into squares. Cover and chill, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts