Wow these are OUTSTANDING! The cupcakes are one of the best vanilla cupcakes I've ever made. The cream cheese and sour cream give the batter a really thick consistency and make the cupcakes taste great! And the frosting is out of this world!
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 12 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- Double Shot Latte Buttercream
- Garnishes: instant espresso, ground cinnamon, and chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating until blended. Spoon batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into lightly greased miniature muffin pans.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Pipe or spread Double Shot Latte Buttercream onto cupcakes. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: To prepare regular-size cupcakes, spoon batter into 2 lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 350º for 22 to 24 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool and decorate as desired. Makes 2 dozen.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This