Friends coming for dinner? This quick recipe delivers restaurant-quality flavor and appeal in no time.
Resistant Starch: 1.6g
Health FEBRUARY 2012
1. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. When pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring, until bacon is
crispy, about 5 minutes. add garlic and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute or until fragrant. add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
3. add broth to pan. simmer the mixture until broth is thick and has reduced to about 1/4 cup, 5-8 minutes.
4. While sauce cooks, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. add panko and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Remove sauce from heat; stir in 2 teaspoons parmesan and parsley.
7. Toss sauce with pasta in pot; add cooking water to reach desired consistency, if needed.
8. Divide among 4 serving plates. top with reserved bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
Go to Full Version of