I made this recipe with pan sauteed breasts of chicken and it turned out fabulous -- my kids LOVED it. They wanted me to make the exact same meal the next night. Next time I make it I'm going to pan fry shrimp and put that over the pasta - lot quicker than the chicken. Fridge to table in less than 30 minutes.
Capellini with Bacon and Bread Crumbs
More From Health
Total: 25 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 274
- Fat: 9.5
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Sugars: 4g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 290mg
- 8 ounces whole wheat or regular capellini
- 2 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. When pasta is done, reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain pasta and return to pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring, until bacon is
- crispy, about 5 minutes. add garlic and crushed red pepper; stir 1 minute or until fragrant. add tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 3. add broth to pan. simmer the mixture until broth is thick and has reduced to about 1/4 cup, 5-8 minutes.
- 4. While sauce cooks, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. add panko and toast, stirring occasionally, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6. Remove sauce from heat; stir in 2 teaspoons parmesan and parsley.
- 7. Toss sauce with pasta in pot; add cooking water to reach desired consistency, if needed.
- 8. Divide among 4 serving plates. top with reserved bread crumbs and remaining parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Capellini with Bacon and Bread Crumbs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health