Very easy and delicious. I marinated 24 hours so pork had very good flavor. Served with lettuce cups and a light fried rice.
Cantonese-Style Grilled Pork
Photo: Darren Soh; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 23.4g
- Carbohydrate: 9.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing (Chinese cooking wine) or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1. Cover and freeze pork for 45 minutes. Cut pork across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Sprinkle pork evenly with salt.
- 2. Combine sugar and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag; knead to blend. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Remove pork from bag, and discard marinade. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes