Wonderful with the Cantonese chicken & vegetables!! Would be bland without the sauce! Also good with "No Recipe" stir fry. Means using up leftovers adding fresh veggies.
Cantonese Light Sauce
Photo: Anna Williams
This recipe goes with Cantonese Chicken with Vegetables
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions (white parts only)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water, 1 tablespoon dry white wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, stirring until the cornstarch dissolves.
- Place a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons minced scallions (white parts only) and 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger and stir-fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly to prevent lumps, untils the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into a bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments