- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup water
- 12 ounces bok choy or baby bok choy, sliced into 1 1/2-inch strips, stems separated from leaves
- 1/3 pound (1 1/2 cups) snow or sugar snap peas
- 1 recipe Cantonese Light Sauce
- Cooked rice
How to Make It
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat.
Add 2 tablespoons of the oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Reduce heat to medium-high, add the remaining oil, and heat for 30 seconds.
Add the carrots and water. Cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 2 minutes. Add the bok choy stems, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the bok choy leaves and peas and toss gently. Add the Cantonese Light Sauce and increase heat to high.
When it starts to bubble, add the chicken. Stir-fry until warmed through, about 1 minute.
Serve immediately over the rice.