Cantaloupe-Chicken Salad with Creamy Curry Dressing
This tasty salad is a natural for summer. You can substitute an 11-oz can of chicken breast for the freshly cooked. And of course, add more celery if desired, or substitute water chestnuts for the celery. You may need to add a bit of honey to the dressing.
Chill: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/2 cup(s) cantaloupe cubes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked chicken, in bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) seedless grapes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced celery
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1/3 cup(s) pineapple or pina colada yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon(s) chutney, either Major Grey's or sweet mango
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder OR
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice, or to taste
- Mix dressing ingredients, cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Taste. Add a bit of honey if needed (if you substitute plain yogurt for the pineapple, add about 1 Tblsp honey).
- In serving bowl, mix melon, chicken, celery and green onions and chill. Just before serving, toss melon mixture with dressing. Garnish with almonds, if desired.
- This recipe would also work well with turkey, shrimp or tuna.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hoboshm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note