This was so fresh and wonderful! I put it on a bed of spinach instead of a pita...Wonderful!! Loved the tarragon! Hubby loved it too!!!
Cantaloupe-Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Creamy Tarragon Dressing
Adding fruit to a chicken salad boosts fiber and vitamin C (a serving of this recipe provides almost one-third of the daily recommended value). A little reduced-fat mayonnaise offers creaminess and rounds out the floral tarragon back notes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 262
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 18.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 667mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) cubes cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubes cantaloupe
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 6 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add chicken, cantaloupe, and celery; stir gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Divide salad greens and cucumber slices evenly among pita halves. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken salad into each pita half. Serve immediately.
- Wine note: This fabulous sandwich goes well with a glass of chilled white wine. The cantaloupe's fresh fruitiness calls for a wine that's equally fresh and fruity, without any toasty oak flavors to get in the way. A dry riesling is ideal. I love the Trefethen Estate Dry Riesling 2005 from Napa Valley, California ($20). --Karen MacNeil
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note