- 1 pound low-fat mild turkey Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 onion (1/2 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces dried penne pasta
- 3/4 pound arugula (about 10 cups)
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained
- About 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- calories 471
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 30 g
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 59 g
- fiber 8.4 g
- sodium 1152 mg
- cholesterol 45 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, break meat into chunks with a spoon. Add onion and garlic and stir often until onion is limp, about 5 minutes.
Add broth, tomato sauce, wine, oregano, pasta, and 2 cups water. Stirring often, bring to a boil and cook until pasta is just tender to bite, about 10 minutes.
Rinse, drain, and coarsely chop arugula. Add arugula and beans to pasta mixture. Stir occasionally until soup is boiling, about 3 minutes.
Ladle into bowls and add cheese and pepper to taste.