Cannellini Beans with Tomatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 9.4g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 onion (3/4 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 or 5 Roma tomatoes (3/4 lb. total), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 4 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini (white) beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or dried rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and oil often until onion is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Set aside 1/2 cup of the tomatoes and add the remainder to onion mixture. Stir often until tomatoes begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add beans and rosemary and stir occasionally over low heat to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. If bean mixture is thicker than desired, thin with water and bring to a simmer. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with reserved tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This