Cannellini Beans with Tomatoes
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 9.4g
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 7.7g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 onion (3/4 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 or 5 Roma tomatoes (3/4 lb. total), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 4 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini (white) beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or dried rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and oil often until onion is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Set aside 1/2 cup of the tomatoes and add the remainder to onion mixture. Stir often until tomatoes begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- 3. Add beans and rosemary and stir occasionally over low heat to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. If bean mixture is thicker than desired, thin with water and bring to a simmer. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with reserved tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables