- 1 onion (3/4 lb.), peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 or 5 Roma tomatoes (3/4 lb. total), rinsed, cored, and chopped
- 4 cans (15 oz. each) cannellini (white) beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped, or dried rosemary, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- calories 163
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- protein 9.4 g
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- carbohydrate 23 g
- fiber 7.7 g
- sodium 215 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, stir onion, garlic, and oil often until onion is slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Set aside 1/2 cup of the tomatoes and add the remainder to onion mixture. Stir often until tomatoes begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
Add beans and rosemary and stir occasionally over low heat to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. If bean mixture is thicker than desired, thin with water and bring to a simmer. Pour into a bowl and sprinkle with reserved tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.