Delcious, warm and cozy...I loved this tea! I didn't have the mexican cinnamon so I followed the direction to use more of the 3" regular cinnamon. With the addition of tequila it was fabulous, perfect for when you cozy up to a nice toasty fire, whether at the beach or at home.
Yield: Serves 18 (makes 14 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 31
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.1g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 0.5mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 Mexican cinnamon sticks* (each 5 in. long), plus 18 fresh cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups tequila, optional
- 1. Heat 3 1/2 qts. water and 4 Mexican cinnamon sticks in a large pot until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon.
- 2. Stir in honey and almond extract. Ladle into mugs. If you like, add about 2 tbsp. tequila and a fresh cinnamon stick to each.
- *Also called canela; a softer, looser-barked variety of the spice. Buy at Latino markets, or use 7 (3-in.) regular cinnamon sticks.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving without tequila.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages