Use your favorite candy pieces to top these easy sugar cookies. You can even use jelly in the center for old-fashioned thumbprint cookies.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 30 Minutes
Bake: 11 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: candy-coated peanut butter pieces, white and milk chocolate kisses, halved miniature chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla, beating until blended.
- Combine all-purpose flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place dough 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press thumb into each ball, leaving an indentation.
- Bake at 350° for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. (Tops of cookies will not be brown.) Remove from oven, and immediately press desired topping in center of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note