Halloween Candy After Life: transform your trick-or-treat haul. From Christina Tosi, sugar genius at NYC's Momofuku and author of "The Momofuku Milk Bar Cookbook." Recipe published in Food & Wine: October, 2011.
Refrigerate: 3 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 stick(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- Cornflake Crunch
- 2/3 cup(s) mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup(s) candy corn (about 7 ounces)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter and sugars at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 4 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla. At low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, then beat in the Cornflake Crunch, chocolate chips and candy corn. Mound ¼-cup scoops of dough 4 inches apart on 4 parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten the cookies slightly and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, for 15 minutes, until browned around the edges but still a bit pale in the center. Let cool completely on the tray, then serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note