Candy Cane Twists
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) 1 stick unsalted butter at room temp
- 2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon(s) peppermint extract
- red & green food coloring
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, whish 2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth, about 1 min. Beat in egg, egg white and peppermint. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Remove half of dough to a bowl, tint dough darge pink, reddish with 6-8 drops of red food coloring. Knead 4 drops green food coloring into second half of dough. Flatten each piece into a 8-in disc, wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350. On a floured surface, roll out dark pink dough to a 10x8 in rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 16 1/2 in strips. Cut each strip in half crosswise, you will have 32 strips, each 5 x 1/2 inch. Roll with hands to make 6-in ropes. Repeat with green dough.
- Twist together one pink and one green rope. Curl one end of each twist into a hook to form a candy cane shape. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, brush with egg whtie, repeat.
- Bake cookies at 350 for 8-10 min, until firm and golden around edges. Remove promptly from baking sheets, carefully transfer to wire racks to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candy Cane Twists Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies