Makes a great homemade gift! I cut amounts in recipe in half and made 12- 16 oz. jars which makes 8 servings and gave them for Christmas Gifts! People loved it! Will make again for sure!
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Mix
Photo: Oxmoor House
Yummy cocoa mix with a taste of peppermint...a cozy gift!
Yield: Makes 16 servings.
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups nondairy creamer
- 20 peppermint candies, broken into pieces
- mini marshmallows
- In a one-quart wide-mouth jar, layer powdered sugar, then cocoa, packing each layer as tightly as possible. Wipe the inside of the jar with a paper towel to remove any excess cocoa before adding the next layer. Add nondairy creamer to jar, packing tightly. Add peppermint pieces. Fill any remaining space in top of jar with a layer of mini marshmallows; secure lid. Give with the following instructions: Empty jar into a large mixing bowl; blend well. Spoon mixture back into jar. To serve, add 3/4 cup boiling water to 1/4 cup cocoa mixture; stir to blend.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candy Cane Hot Chocolate Mix Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Beverages
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Beverages