Candy Cane Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) shortening (1/2 butter) softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red food coloring
- Mix togeth, shortening, powdered sugar, egg and extracts
- Sift toether and stir flour and salt.
- Divide dough into halves.
- Blend into one half the red food coloring
- Roll 1 teaspoon each color dough into a strip about 4 inches long. Place strips side by side, press lightly together and twist like a rope. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Carve top down to form handle of cane. Bake about 9 minus (or until lightly browned) in quick moderate oven (375º). Remove with spatula from cooky sheet while warm and sprinkle with a mixture of 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy and 1/2 cup sugar. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Linwaite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candy Cane Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies