Candy Cane Cookies
- 11/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1 egg
- 21/2 cup(s) flour sifted
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar sifted
- 1 teaspoon(s) red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 teaspoon(s) scalded milk
- 1/2 cup(s) shortening
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Cream together first three ingredients (butter, shortening, and 1 cup powered sugar.) Add egg, vanilla and almond extract. Mix flour and salt together and sift into mix. Mix together well. Divide dough in half. Add red food coloring to 1/2 dough. Put down wax paper with powder sugar as working area. Make 1 inch balls of each color dough. Roll each ball into 3 inch logs. Twist together and shape into candy cane. Bake at 350 for approx 8 mins.
- To make glaze, mix last three ingredients together and paint on cooled cookies.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ASnow32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note