Candy Cane Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Red food coloring
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, beating well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl; add to creamed mixture, stirring well. Divide dough in half; tint one half with red food coloring. Wrap each half in waxed paper; chill 2 hours.
- Shape into 6- x 1/4-inch ropes on a lightly floured surface. Place plain ropes and red ropes together, and twist gently. Place on greased cookie sheets, and shape into candy canes. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly on cookie sheets, and remove to wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note