Prep time is a little off - takes longer to prepare since you have to whip the egg whites and cut up the candy bars - but it was a big hit at home and work!!! I didn't have enough snickers so I added milky way bars....used up my halloween candy. Really good!!
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams
More From Allyou
Bake: 1 Hour
Amount per serving
- Calories: 642
- Fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 19g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 79g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Sodium: 292mg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped chocolate candies such as Snickers, Almond Joy or Reese's peanut butter cups
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 10-cup nonstick Bundt pan. Sift 3 cups flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, toss candies with remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- 2. Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light, 3 minutes. Add yolks one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Beat in 1/3 of flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of milk. Repeat, ending with flour mixture. Do not overmix.
- 3. In a clean, dry bowl using dry beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Stir candies and 1/3 of egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining whites. Spoon batter into Bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then unmold cake.
- 4. Make icing: Place chocolate in a bowl. Warm cream in a pan over medium heat until just boiling. Pour over chocolate, let stand for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly. Pour icing over cake, allowing excess to drip over sides.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This