- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped chocolate candies such as Snickers, Almond Joy or Reese's peanut butter cups
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 1/2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- calories 642
- fat 34 g
- satfat 19 g
- protein 10 g
- carbohydrate 79 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 134 mg
- sodium 292 mg
How to Make It
Make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 10-cup nonstick Bundt pan. Sift 3 cups flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, toss candies with remaining 1/2 cup flour.
Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and sugar until light, 3 minutes. Add yolks one at a time. Beat in vanilla. Beat in 1/3 of flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of milk. Repeat, ending with flour mixture. Do not overmix.
In a clean, dry bowl using dry beaters, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Stir candies and 1/3 of egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining whites. Spoon batter into Bundt pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then unmold cake.
Make icing: Place chocolate in a bowl. Warm cream in a pan over medium heat until just boiling. Pour over chocolate, let stand for 1 minute, then whisk until smooth. Let cool slightly. Pour icing over cake, allowing excess to drip over sides.