My husband probably has the sweetest sweet tooth going, but he even thought that this was too sweet. I thought it was too heavy. I did follow the directions with no substitutions. I'm just not sure its something I would make again.
Candy Bar Pie
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3 (2.07-oz.) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars
- 1 baked Pretzel Crust
- 1 1/2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped, lightly salted peanuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cut candy bars into 1/4-inch pieces; arrange over bottom of crust.
- 2. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add sour cream and peanut butter, beating at low speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Spoon cream cheese mixture over candy on crust.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool 1 hour or until completely cool. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- 4. Microwave chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring at 15-second intervals. Drizzle over top of cooled pie, and sprinkle evenly with peanuts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Snickers candy bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note