Best way to add peanut butter to add flavor is to use a reeses cup in place of the snicker bar. :-)
Candy Bar-Peanut Butter Cookies
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 bite-size chocolate-covered caramel-peanut nougat bars
- 1. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until blended.
- 2. Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients in a small bowl. Add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Shape about 2 Tbsp. dough around each nougat bar, using lightly floured hands, and roll into balls. Place 3 inches apart on ungreased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 13 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks.
- Note: We tested with Snickers Minis.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cookies