Candy Bar Cheesecake
First-place winner in the Dixie Classic Fair's Village Tavern Chocolate Adventure Contest. Recipe from Debra Smith. For the crust, Debra Smith bought Oreos, scraped away the cream filling and used only the chocolate cookie parts. Other chocolate wafer cookies could be used. Winston-Salem Journal: October 5, 2011.
Cool: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
Refrigerate: 8 Hours
- 1 3/4 cup(s) crushed Oreo chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 stick(s) melted butter
- 3 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 14-ounce can(s) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup(s) chocolate syrup, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 cup(s) total of chopped Snickers bars, Kit Kat bars and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, divided use
- 1. Grease a 9- or 10-inch springform pan. Place pan on 2 large layers of heavy-duty foil, about 18 inches square. Wrap foil around pan.
- 2. Heat oven to 325 degrees. For the crust, combine crushed wafers and sugar in a small bowl. Stir in melted butter. Press onto the bottom and 1½ inches up the sides of the greased pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, condensed milk, chocolate syrup and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs and beat just until combined. Stir in2½ cups chopped candy bars. Pour mixture into crust. Place springform pan inside a large baking pan. Pour hot water in large pan, around the springform pan, to reach a depth of 1 inch. Bake 75 to 80 minutes, or until center is set and top appears dull.
- 4. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Top cake with remaining chopped candy bars. Drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note