These are the best brownies ever! I bake them all the time and share with friends, who practically beg me to make them.
Candy Bar Brownies
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 (2.07-ounce) chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars, coarsely chopped
- 3 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate bars, finely chopped
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; stir into sugar mixture. Fold in chopped nougat bars.
- Spoon mixture into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with chopped milk chocolate bars.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Snickers bars for nougat bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candy Bar Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies, Snacks
- CONVENIENCE: Freezable, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Sodium, Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living