Wow, I was happy to find this recipe again. My daughter And I made these for her Hallo'ween Party last year . They were a hit. Wonderful tasting and soooo easy to make. They were absolutely stunning and no one could believe that we had made them! A definite keeper!
Dress up caramel or candy apples for Halloween in chocolate and colored sprinkles for treats that will be the hit of the fall carnival.
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 8 medium Gala apples
- 2 (6.5-ounce) packages caramel apple wraps
- 1 (16-ounce) chocolate bar
- 16 ounces vanilla bark coating
- Orange paste food coloring
- Toppings: colored sprinkles, chopped peanuts, black writing gel
- Insert craft sticks into apples. Cover each apple with 1 caramel wrap.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 to 20 seconds. Cool.
- Melt chocolate bar in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Dip each apple into chocolate; let dry.
- Melt vanilla bark coating in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in orange food coloring.
- Dip or drizzle each apple with vanilla coating mixture. Decorate with desired toppings, and let dry.
For testing purposes only, we used a Ghirardelli chocolate bar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note