Yield: Makes 16 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 52 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 4 (1-oz.) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- 2 (3.7-oz.) king-size chocolate-coated caramel-peanut nougat bars, coarsely chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch pan with aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- 2. Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Whisk in granulated and brown sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in flour, vanilla, and salt.
- 3. Pour mixture into prepared pan; sprinkle pretzel sticks and chopped nougat bars over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 52 to 54 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Gently remove foil, and cut brownies into 16 squares.
- Note: Be sure to insert wooden pick into brownies, not candy bar pieces, when testing for doneness. We tested with Snickers King Size candy bars.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts