Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5-6 Yams (number varies by their size) cut in 1" squares
- 1 bottle(s) Corn Syrup (large bottle)
- 1 Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon(s) Butter (stick) sliced thin
- 1 Mini-Marshmallows
- Peel the yams and cut into 1" squares
- Fill a 9x13x2 glass baking dish no more than 3/4 full (depth) with the cut up yams
- Pour the corn syrup over the yams, enough to almost cover them
- Cut the 4 oz stick of butter into 1/8" thin slices and layer on top of the yams
- Sprinkle with sugar
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake at 350deg for 1 hour, or until yams are tender (mashable)
- Sprinkle on a layer of mini-marshmallows and bake until the marshmallows melt (5-10 minutes)
- Notes: You can easily vary the size of the recipe by using an 8x8" glass baking dish, simply adjust everything down.
- Warning: overfilling the pan with to much corn syrup will make a mess of the bottom of your oven and make it difficult to remove from the oven without spilling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TNeubauer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note