- 1/4 cup(s) cold butter, cut into cubes
- 6 medium yams or sweet potatoes
- Miniature marshmallows (optional)
- 3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Boil yams/sweet potatoes in water for approximately 20 - 30 minutes until done; do NOT overcook. Drain and let cool. When cooled, peel and cut into 1" slices (crosswise). Layer yams in buttered casserole; top with 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 cup cubed butter.
- Bake, uncovered @ 375 degrees approximately 30 minutes or until glazed. You can add approximately 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows last five minutes of cooking time, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by recipes743 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CANDIED YAMS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables