Of the handful recipes I've tried this is the simplest and the tastiest!
High heat caramelizes these yams. The s'more-like topping is optional, but kids will love it.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 3 (40-oz.) or 4 (29-oz.) cans cut yams, well drained (we tested with Sugary Sam sweet potatoes in syrup)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 large marshmallows (optional)
- Arrange yams in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over yams. Combine butter and next 2 ingredients. Drizzle over yams. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle marshmallows over yams, if desired, and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note