Candied Sweet Potatoes With Lemon Slices
- 6 medium-size sweet potatoes, cleaned and boiled
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- Ground cinnamon
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Peel potatoes; slice lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange half of sliced sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar over sweet potatoes; sprinkle with cinnamon. Arrange remaining potatoes and lemon slices over top; sprinkle with remaining sugar and cinnamon. Pour water over sweet potatoes. Dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Baste potatoes with syrup formed in bottom of baking dish. Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables