Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cook sweet potatoes in boiling water 30 minutes or until tender. Let cool to touch; peel and cut into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange slices in a lightly greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a medium saucepan. Add remaining ingredients, stirring well; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and pour syrup over sweet potatoes. Bake at 325° for 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note