I made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My guests and hubby said it was the best they ever had! I added a few marshmallows and browned them just before serving. Very good!
Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 orange, peeled
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Cut potatoes, lemon, and orange into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Place potato slices in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; arrange lemon and orange slices over potato.
- Stir together butter, next 3 ingredients, and, if desired, vanilla. Pour over potato mixture; cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting often with pan juices. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Candied Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables