Candied Spiced Nuts
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1.2 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white, large and at room temp
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 pound(s) pecan or walnut halves
- 1)Preheat oven to 300*.In a small bowl, mix together the sugars, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Whip egg white with 1 tablespoon water until frothy. Add nuts of choice and stir well to coat. Sprinkle on the sugar mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- 2)Line a rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment. Spread the sugared nuts in a single layer on the sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stir the nuts, and continue baking until the nuts smell toasted and the sugar coating is caramelized, about another 15 minutes.
- 3)Let nuts cool on the pan, spearating them as they cool. When completely cool, transfer them to an airtight container. They'll keep for two weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes