Candied Spiced Nuts
Sweet and Spicy Pecans or Walnuts
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 2 1.2 tablespoon(s) Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white, large and at room temp
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 pound(s) pecan or walnut halves
- 1)Preheat oven to 300*.In a small bowl, mix together the sugars, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Whip egg white with 1 tablespoon water until frothy. Add nuts of choice and stir well to coat. Sprinkle on the sugar mixture and stir to evenly distribute.
- 2)Line a rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment. Spread the sugared nuts in a single layer on the sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, stir the nuts, and continue baking until the nuts smell toasted and the sugar coating is caramelized, about another 15 minutes.
- 3)Let nuts cool on the pan, spearating them as they cool. When completely cool, transfer them to an airtight container. They'll keep for two weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note