Candied Salted Nuts
Time: About 30 minutes, plus cooling time. Slightly sticky, slightly spicy, and great with a holiday cocktail.
Yield: Makes 2 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 125
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 3.2g
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 233mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 cups assorted unsalted nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 300°. Mix sugar, maple syrup, chile powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add nuts and mix to coat well. Spread nuts on a nonstick baking sheet (or line sheet with parchment) in a single layer.
- 2. Bake nuts, stirring often, 20 to 30 minutes, or until liquid is mostly evaporated and nuts are golden inside (break 1 open to test). Let cool until crisp.
- *Make ahead: Up to 1 week, stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note